/> Pearls Before Swine: Top 5 Reasons You Should Visit Arizona Before You Die. #Bucket List!

Friday, March 27, 2015

Top 5 Reasons You Should Visit Arizona Before You Die. #Bucket List!


Moving from Washington State (Shout Out Washingtonians) when I was 19 to Arizona was a huge adjustment. The heat, the barren desert, no real trees....not like home anyway. I so miss the big giant forest and the peace and quiet that comes with. 

After living here for 14 years, I'm 34 now..today actually, I can say that I am so happy. Other than the summers which seem to creep up on me every year and without time to properly prepare myself. Every winter, I'm crying for summer. Until about this time and you can feel it...it's coming. Today is suppose to be 95 and it's the end of March!! AAH!! So if you can't stand the heat, WAIT!! Till at least October. Then it's fab! 

During the summer and even this time, the nights are what have people hooked. It's still upper 90's in the summer and higher 60's this time of year in March. The nights are the best thing about Arizona, I just absolutely love them. There's something great about wearing shorts, all day long..up into the early night and never needing a jacket or pants. Love these Arizona nights! 

So if you've ever wanted to come and visit, let me give you a push! 
Here below, are my Top Five reasons I think you should come to Arizona. 

1. Grand Canyon
Of course, you can't talk about Arizona and not mention The Grand Canyon. So I've gotten that out of the way! :) 
One of the natural wonders of the world, The Grand Canyon and it's majestic cliffs of red rock carved with years of water, sand and rocks. 



2. Lee's Ferry
If you are already up that way and are in for more of an adventure, you can head up to Lee's Ferry. Fabulous fishing, camping and getting away from it all. Total peace and quiet with amazing views of the cliffs all around you. 





3. Slide Rock State Park
Literally, rocks you can slide down! How fun is that? Right!! Oh! my and the kiddos will love it. Located near Sedona, AZ, you pay a park entrance fee, walk down and have a blast!



4. Sedona, AZ
Sedona is one of those towns that breathes relaxation and rest. Nothing but beautiful, almost breathtaking views and a quaint little town for shopping, eating and making memories. 



5. The Petrified Forest National Park
I love rocks, more than words can say. I great grandfather had a marvelous collection that only my mother remembers, with the wonderful joy. So for people, this is the ultimate in coolness! Wood that basically has become rock. With the most amazing colors and it's just all sitting out there. Pretty awesome! 




If you haven't been convinced yet, I'm not sure what else to tell you. 

Oh yeah.....if you're an Elvis fan? and really who isn't? You can also visit the original Elvis Chapel from his old movie set. They moved it out here a few years back and it's really something special. Thinking about marriage? They do that there too and you can have an Elvis lookalike marry you! :) 

I say that would...that would ..be nice! :) Best Elvis I got! More like Foghorn Leghorn, LOL!!


If you do come out, have a very safe and happy time but be careful....this kind of life can be addicting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!